A home cannot fail an inspection. A professional home inspection gives you an independent, unbiased view of any problems and their solutions, so that you will have all the facts you need to make a sound, informed decision.
Depending on the size and condition of the home, a thorough home inspection will take no more than four hours, usually between an hour and a half and three hours. Ideally, you will accompany your inspector during the consultation, so that you will have visual reinforcement of your written report.
We take our inspection reports seriously. Every inspection is a complete and thorough analysis of all the major systems and components in the home. The report includes a clear description of what we’ve found with any problem areas noted, so you can easily identify them. Our inspectors also provide a free telephone consultation after your inspection.
A thorough home inspection will include the following:
- Roof (shingles, flashings, chimneys, vents, trim and gutters, drip edges, skylights, downspouts, and other visible roof related items)
- (insulation, ventilation, rafters, joists and collar ties, trusses, wiring attachments, and other visible related items)
- Plumbing and Fixtures (water pressure, water distribution system, hose bibs, sinks and faucets, bath/showers and toilets, sanitary system, and other plumbing system components)
- Interior (floors and ceilings, walls, stairs (if applicable) and banisters, finishes, sinks, cabinets, shelving, built-in appliances, smoke detectors and safety-related items, and other visible interior-related components)
- Heating and Cooling Systems (furnace, air cleaning parts, ductwork, electronic monoxide testing, electric gas sniffer testing, air conditioner and lines, and other visible related HVAC components)
- Electrical Systems (service entry and clearances, service panel, switches and outlets, visible wiring and junction boxes, grounding system, and other related electrical components)
- Crawl Spaces, and Foundation (insulation, ventilation, posts, vapor barriers, utility attachment, structural items, floors and walls, and columns)
- Exterior (siding materials, attachments, windows, doors, sashes and lintels, vents, entryways, and other visible exterior related components)
- Environmental Issues
- Decks and Porches
- Overall Structure
HOME INSPECTION SERVICES
Home inspections can help you buy or sell your home with confidence. As trained professionals we have has seen it all, and we’ll provide invaluable help in turning you into a knowledgeable consumer. Home owners can identify problems in the making and take preventive measures to avoid costly repairs. Sellers can understand conditions the buyer’s inspector may point out and put the property in better selling condition by making repairs.
We can email your report to anyone that you ask, including realtors, family members, sellers, or agents!
Our inspection services include:
In both new and older homes, the best way to ensure that you are well informed about the strengths and weaknesses of a property is to have us give you a professional home inspection. We are trained to
identify problem areas both small and large that may have been overlooked by the previous owners and to identify which require immediate attention.
Whether you are selling your home on your own or using a realtor, it’s always a prudent idea to have a professional home inspection. Knowledge is power. All homes have strengths and weaknesses: we help you answer how serious the problems are and which must be immediately addressed and which can wait. The more you know about your home, the more prepared you will be for negotiation.
In a new home, the quality of construction is often not what it used to be some years ago, therefore many buyers have independent reviews of their properties during various stages of the construction process, including slab, frame, and final inspection. This relatively inexpensive inspection protects your purchase, prevents unpleasant surprises, and ensures the quality home that you’ve dreamed about.
Ask us about pool and lawn sprinkler inspection services.